Wednesday 12 August 2015

Deco Ladies Step by Step to making a card

Wow, the Deco ladies proved so popular yesterday on social media and I got a lot of comments about how people struggle to make these stunning cards, so today I have done a step by step guide to this card.

The topper sheet & backing card are all by Kanban Crafts ( this link will take you to one of these lovely topper sheets) 

Now here is the stages of production hope I have made it as simple as possible for you :)

Today I am focusing on the aqua coloured topper sheet but as you can see the other styles are as stunning too


Now here is the selection of sheets I have chosen to match the topper sheets in the above photo.

   
Above is the embellishments and ribbons that I have chosen to match the colours - Ribbon mainly by Meiflower crafts - Pearls and gems are available from Meiflower & Aspire Crafts


I have pushed all the elements out - sometimes a knife of scissors are needed to get them out neatly.


The collage above shows the elements all layered up - I have used the inner pieces to make a tag later and the sentiment will be used for the inside of the card, so a great value topper sheet. I have used Tacky glue as wet glue allows movement of the layers so that you position them correctly.

This next photo shows you the sizes of the card blank I used and the measurements for the backing sheets in cm's.

This collage photo shows the stages of production, I have cornered the backing card using this tool which gives a lovely Deco feel corner. I have used the sheets of sentiments also available from Aspire Crafts, Once I had stuck the layers down using double sided sticky tape, I tied some ribbon around the top of the panels ( as shown ) Next it was the sentiment and embellishments, all shown in the photo.

This is the finished topper ready to be added to the card blank we folded earlier.


I decorated the inside using the matching backing panel from the remnants from the topper layers and added the sentiment tag from the topper sheet.
Close up photo below where you can see I have added a small pearl.


Here is the finished card looking lovely isn't it?

Well I hope that this guide has helped those not so sure about having a go with these lovely toppers. They certainly make a very classy looking card.
Thanks for looking
love
xxx

11 comments: