Wednesday 19 March 2014

Spring is in the air and I'm buzzzing - Challenge entry 'Plenty of embellies' Mo Manning Digi entry

Sat down today at my craft challenge class and I picked out a ticket with Buzzzzz written on it. Well I went for a nosy and came across a Mo Manning digi stamp and it was perfect for the theme. Here is what I came up with.

I started with the image and built up from there. I have taken a picture a 3 seperate stages to show you the colours that I used and what stages I did things.




 Here she is all coloured, she is just so cute. Mo Manning has an amazing website full of fab digi's and also has a lot of her work now in rubber stamps by Penny Black. You can pop to her website by following this link Mo's Digital Pencil. I have found they are also holding a blog challenge which this card will be entered into, you can go over and check it out @ Mo's Challenge blog, where you can win digi images for winning or being picked as their top 3.

Now for the card, I took a plain cream sheet of A4 and cut to make a 6"x6" card blank, I decided to create a landscape shape. Using the colours in the image i stuck to yellows and creams as my colour scheme. The backing sheets are by First Edition and from the Blank Canvas range. I drew stitch lines around the cream sheet, I distressed a yellow panel and matted the digi image on to it  and layered to the card, the border was originally white so I inked it using versacolor mini pad and the added pale yellow pearls. To finish I used vintage crochet style lace, a Yellow flower (Wild Orchid Crafts) and a few ivory pearls. The sentiment is a Stampin up one.
I had extra items left over so decided to make a gift tag to go with it as a set.

1 comment:

  1. A Super card and tag Tracy, I love this sweet image and you coloured it beautifully. Love the gorgeous sunshine feel to your card.
    Thanks for joining us over at Mo's.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete